Old 10-24-17, 05:21 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by Enthalpic
Buy a Toyota; it won't be fun to drive but it will not break down.
This is the only kind of car I buy:
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
My Saab, she is dying. It's a 9-3 Convertible. It has been a fun car. It has been a terrible car. I love this car. It is a stupid car....
I had a Nissan Sentra in my 20s. It was so reliable and I tried to make it interesting by not changing the oil and it just kept running anyway. After that, I just went to interesting unreliable cars.

4 Peugeots. 2 Diesels. I could blow a head gasket on the way home from work, pull one out of my stock and have it changed in 2 days (I road the bike to work every other) to drive back. One was one of 6 non grey market 1992 405s when Peugeot stopped US sales. It was down to a Saab 900 or Peugeot 405. The deal was too good. I then went Audi and got used to shelling out the dough. I had to chip them, modify exhaust, suspension etc. Then I got old and do the diesel Benz thing (buy used out of warranty). I mod them too. I love to keep them. 210K on my E320 going to junior. He wanted that over a new reliable thing. Mom is a little concerned over him having the diesel hot rod. I'm like - he races bikes ...