Old 02-22-20, 11:49 AM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
I remember a long ride with lots of steep hills on an MTB many many years ago. That bike had 15 gears and the jumps between gears was bad = I'd shift to the next lower gear and then I'd spin-out until the bike slowed to match the too low gear. I really like it when 7-speed cassettes became popular. The high and the low gears were the same but the jumps between the gears was a fair bit less. With my 9-speed rear cluster I'm able to set it up as a fairly close spaced wither 7 of the cogs and then two larger cogs as bailout gears. I love it.

I'm not interested in 10-cogs or more in the rear because of the cost of replacements. I also don't need the 11 teeth, 12 teeth or event he 13 teeth cogs. I remember when a 52 x 14 setup was standard on most 10 speed or 12 speed bicycles and as I age the 14 x 52 combination is plenty high enough for my needs or wants. YMMV

Cheers
Likes For Miele Man: