Old 07-26-20, 08:35 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 1,363 Times in 945 Posts
Originally Posted by David78
4) Phone service - According to MetroPCS coverage map I should have service approximately 80% of the trip. I'm planning on speaking with Metro about getting access to other carriers when not in a metro service area (parts of Arizona, Montana, etc...) Apparently for more money monthly this is an option. Any other suggestions?
I think metro pcs mostly services dense metro area. That might be the case with T-Mobile and sprint also.

It might be old info but Verizon might be best followed by ATT.

Cell phone access is spotty whatever network and will be worse in hilly/mountainous places (with low population).

Any “percent coverage” number will be an exaggeration.

Ideally, cell service would be a “nice to have” thing rather than something you expect to always work.

Originally Posted by David78
Last, I should mention that buying all the maps I would need from Adventure Cycling is not an option. I may buy a few but to buy them all it would cost well over 500 dollars. Thanks in advance for your help.
The adventure cycling maps would be useful for the places they map out. But you can sled much less for decent general maps. Make sure your maps are on the phone (don’t depend on maps that need a cell network).

Last edited by njkayaker; 07-26-20 at 08:45 PM.
Likes For njkayaker: