Old 04-01-20, 02:58 PM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by RiceAWay
You realize you're going to get all sorts of stupid suggestions from people that weigh 150 lbs in their cycling gear don't you? Anyone that mentions Kyseriums shoot them.

Campy Scirrocos (also made by Fulkrum) or the aluminum Fulkrum line are fine.

You can pick these up cheap from ProBikeKit for cheap and they also have these 40 mm deep Chinese aluminum wheels (https://www.probikekit.com/bicycle-w.../12056926.html) that I bought a set of and am really impressed. These wheels are a tad lighter than my 55 mm deep carbon wheels so I will be converting everything over eventually.

It would be nice if they sold strictly clincher wheels since tubeless wheels are very difficult to mount tires on when you get a flat out in the middle of nowhere in the rain (been there, done that, sealant is nasty on your hands which then ends up on the bar tape) Tubeless tires CAN also get flats though that is less often. So you still have to carry a saddle pack with tubes, CO2 and levers. So what it the point of tubeless?

I'm digging your initial suggestion and disdain for tubeless, but I can't get onboard with the wheels you linked to. You really expect those hubs to last? And what's with these low-quality Asian producers throwing an Italian sounding name on products? Do people really fall for that?