View Single Post
Old 04-10-20, 08:39 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by bpcyclist
I have always found it helpful and compelling when other human beings inform me what my feelings, thoughts, beliefs, and experiences are and have been--and also what the relative value of all those is. Always best to have others provide us with our own views.

As for Canyon and the post, I think your exquisite and thermonuclear hypersensitivity about the topic really says everything. Thank you for making my point for me. That's always the best way. And yet, I totally support your fondness for them or their business model, I do, irrespective of from whence it comes. Canyon employee? Dunno. But if so, that's great, too. Saving people cash is awesome. As I say, I have actually bought a bike online. A spendy one. Saved some money, for sure. I actually have some experience here. But I only did it once. Jut had a few concerns about follow-up and support and so forth. Was a tad uncomfortable about doing that again. So, I didn't. Haven't. But that's my thing and certainly not everyone must agree with me--on anything. Ever.

I have zero contempt for Canyon. I don't have enough information to have contempt for them. But everyone who owns one seems to love it. They are cool-looking. All the cool people seem top have one. My contempt, which is not even remotely the right word (it is your word, but I won't bother to share the correct one with you, as you will simply use it to denigrate me and put me on blast and attempt to publicly humiliate and shame me--yet again, since that is what you do) is my concern that some unsophisticated buyers, sometimes first-time buyers, sometimes others, may end up with a bike that does not really fit or work for them, for their needs, for their specific uses--and not even know that, because, once you unbox an online-purchased bike, you are kind of on your own. I know--I did it!!!. With and from a very respected retailer. They were great. But they weren't in my apartment with me. Were not in my town. Or state.

Anyhow, to me, the situation where someone does end up with the wrong bike after dropping 2500 bucks or whatever and then, has to ship the whole thing back to Germany is just not a very good transaction--for the customer, in my opinion. It's great for Canyon, short-term. Not so great for the gal that needed a 50 endurance ride but ended up with a 52-gravel bike--or whatever. Or fill-in-the-blank. Now, maybe Canyon is such an awesome company that his never happens. Could be. I don't know. Part of why I posted the thread, not to trash them. To pose the question--just what effect is all this exuberant interest in this company having overall, if any? I certainly don't know, quite obviously.

Had I wished to trash the company, you would know. It would have been flagrant and overwhelming and in-everyone's-face.

Lastly, should you in the future choose to go on message boards and venomously lecture experienced international business people about international business issues, expect a response and, more likely than not, some context to be provided in concert with that response. Context allows the reader to better understand where someone is coming from. What their prior experiences, expertise, knowledge base, fund of knowledge, if any, may be being brought to bear on any current or prior discussion. The fact that again you interpreted this in the most negative possible light is in keeping with virtually the entirety off all your prior posts.
Projection is heavy in this post.

Your comment about buying the wrong bike is also just massively ridiculous. It's akin to saying some noob is not buying a new PC ready made but wants to do it in parts and gets an Intel CPU but AMD motherboard - that's your own fault. Not to mention I highly doubt you honestly, truly care about some individual buying the 'wrong' bike who would have bought the 'right' bike if only the LBS could have advised that person. In fact, you just showed us a reason for LBS to exist - help out noobs who don't know anything about cycling and don't want to do their own research.