Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TromboneAl
Interesting story. Lucky kid, could have died, right?
Had he hit his head... I don't want to think about it. He also could have had some serious internal injuries.....

I have reflected on this all day and night... regardless of what people believe... there was an incredible amount of coincidences going on....our ride start time; the fact my friends waited for me instead of starting back down earlier (since I am a much slower climber the plan was for them to reach the top and then come back down to swoop me up); me arriving just as the fall occurred.... had my friend and I not been there, not certain what would have happened. The coach and kids were ill-prepared for any such injuries. They had nothing with them - no even water! It amazes me (and I gave the coach what for) that these kids were doing a 14 mile run with no water, no food, little clothing and protection from the sun and heat or cell phones... they had nothing. PLUS no one knew exactly where they were. If no for us, not certain if paramedics could have found them since the area was remote. At the time I just arrived, since it was so early in the morning, we were the only other people up there. And it was fortunate that my friend and I are first aid certified. Just so glad we could help!

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.