View Single Post
Old 01-30-20, 09:05 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by firebird854
I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on the Redshift system as I've been highly considering it. I also agree with many of your points and do feel that more integration can cause more headaches... I'm leaning more toward the profile design approach now, but may get the switching seat-post.
Thus far, I am supremely satisfied with the Redshift system. Easy to set up & adjust. The aluminum seatpost was a bit heavy by my standards, so I promptly cut it about 100mm shorter saving about 2 ounces. I still have 110mm to 115mm of insertion for my fitment. So no worries there.

One thing I did notice when I cut it shorter is that although the outside of the seatpost is round, the inside is oval meaning their extrusion is smartly shaped to not include extra material that is not needed. I thought it was a nice touch. It seems smartly engineered & does what it says easily enough.

The aerobars I chose were the carbon "S"-bend. They seem light enough & each have a cut-out for internal cable routing should you choose to utilize bar end shifters. The elbow pads are very adjustable in their placement & made from a comfortable, firm foam rubber type material covered in a bonded lycra type fabric. They velcro for easy removal/washing.

I don't have much reference for aerobars (hence my other thread), but these seem well enough & really do clip on securely & off easily in seconds like they claim.

Color me impressed.

Car dependency is a tax.