View Single Post
Old 08-06-20, 02:49 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3091 Post(s)
Liked 6,601 Times in 3,785 Posts
Originally Posted by gthomson
All good ideas thanks. I've also read about people making a trip to the city dump to see what's been left in there, just wondering if that's worth the trip? I know they have a specific bin for bikes but I imagine they are all box store garbage bikes. Probably worth more money at the metal recycle depot.
randyjawa made a career out of doing this. He found some amazing stuff sometimes.

Originally Posted by Iride01
Estate sales might be another thing to watch.
A friend just last week found a complete Miyata 1000 at an estate sale. He paid their full asking price of $20.

Originally Posted by scott967
Yard /Garage sale. Ask for a "ten speed". Or we used to have monthly large item pick up by the city. Cruise around the hood that day or night before and see what's sitting out at the curb. Mostly though just completely trashed kid's bikes from that one.
I have stopped at garage sales and when I didn't see any bike stuff I just asked if they had any old bikes. Bought a Panasonic Sport and a Shimano Arabesque equipped Volkscycle XV doing this. $20 each.