Bikes: Look 695, Wilier Izoard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by vespasianus
You can also get that bike in black:

ENGINE11 ? ENGINE11 Mach1 frame set.

For sizing, how do you feel your current bike is? If perfect, I would look for something that is similar and skip this bike. If you always felt it was too short or too long, go in that direction but to me it would be a tough call without a test ride.
Deliveries won't be until end of the year no chance to test ride it, and doubtful my local LBS would build up in multiple sizes for road tests. My Look has the ideal fit as I can do a century with no pain points or hot spots, other than general fatigue after. I'll be keeping the Look, but I just want another bike - an aero frame this time - without being the big four - Trek, Specialized, Giant, Cannondale (nothing wrong with these!) - or ones my riding buddies have - the Basso Diamante SV, Colnago Concept, De Rosa SK.

Geometry-wise, as they say, you can't make a big bike small. So going for the smaller of the two, hopefully I can adjust the seat and perhaps increase the stem length to dial in the fit.

Bellati Sport is current offering the frameset for ~US$3200 but includes the Vision Metron 5D integrated handlebar instead of the unbranded one (probably exactly the same).