View Single Post
Old 09-20-20, 10:15 AM
vespasianus

Bikes: Turner 5-Spot Burner converted; IBIS Ripley, Specialized Crave, Tommasini Sintesi, Cinelli Superstar, Tommasini X-Fire Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked 389 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by mpath
Deliveries won't be until end of the year no chance to test ride it, and doubtful my local LBS would build up in multiple sizes for road tests. My Look has the ideal fit as I can do a century with no pain points or hot spots, other than general fatigue after. I'll be keeping the Look, but I just want another bike - an aero frame this time - without being the big four - Trek, Specialized, Giant, Cannondale (nothing wrong with these!) - or ones my riding buddies have - the Basso Diamante SV, Colnago Concept, De Rosa SK.

Geometry-wise, as they say, you can't make a big bike small. So going for the smaller of the two, hopefully I can adjust the seat and perhaps increase the stem length to dial in the fit.

Bellati Sport is current offering the frameset for ~US$3200 but includes the Vision Metron 5D integrated handlebar instead of the unbranded one (probably exactly the same).
I hear you regarding the big four. Nothing wrong with them but also nothing wrong with trying to get something different. And for what it is worth, when I had my Cinelli Superstar repaired, I had the shop do a complete scan (ultrasound and internal scope) to check the frame and make sure it was ok. He actually said that it was really well built and better than the Specialized and Treks he normally repairs.

Also, Antonio Colombo seems like a bit of a crazy wacky dude. Personally, I like that. The silly smily face on the Pressure for example, just classic Colombo.

Last edited by vespasianus; 09-20-20 at 02:39 PM.
Likes For vespasianus: