Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel
Oh?
https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...rk-recall.html

"Interesting. I just made a warranty claim with mine and they gave me the option of a new bike or an S-Works frameset, still waiting on the frame to be delivered to the LBS. It was probably a known issue, but the trigger on the recall hasn't been pulled yet."

Um, I call bull****.

Read your linked (from Specialized website) article again. It discussed specifically the repair of the fork, and I quote:
"no regulatory agency has brought this to our attention."

"After careful examination, we've concluded that some model year 2018 Allez, Allez Elite, and Allez Sport model bikes may contain a manufacturing defect in the fork crown which potentially affects safety. Therefore, we've decided to prepare for a recall which will involve replacing the existing fork with a new fork."

That doesn't say replace with a new frameset/bike which isn't even a part of the (voluntary) recall.

Also, if you will reference the post by sdmc530 above you will see that his dealership told him pretty much the same thing.

IF this is happening at all, which I doubt, it might be the shop offering (that guy) some deal (on what I suspect is an undelivered bike perhaps?), it ain't Spec.

Last edited by Juan Foote; 12-16-17 at 01:20 PM.