Old 02-14-18, 07:46 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by josh23
Even at an elite olypic level, rowers are not particularly muscular, )
Nope --- they're not muscular at all

I've spent significant time at he Rowing, Canoe and Kayak OTC (Olympic Training Center) in Oklahoma City . ( The general public can work out there if they know the secret handshake -- i'm 5'9 46 yo and chubby myself )

I can attest that the athletes there rowing in the heavyweight categories are big dudes --- guys' that look like they would be right at home on an NBA court. (6'3 to 6'5ish, 220 pounders) The lightweights are also carrying around scary low bodyfat %'s that make them appear more imposing than their weight would dictate too.

That said , with the big guys, - the Concept 2 didn't make 'em that way, Mother Nature did, ---- and the guys' there all do extensive weight training as well ---- the lower level of the facility looks like a hardcore powerlifting gym, only not dirty or smelly . Olympic lifts are a big part of the program, as well as powerlifting moves like squats and deadlifts.

I got tired of the long drive to the place from my house, so I made my own gym over the winter

Concept 2 is a front and center part of my cardio operation ! --- As soon as I recover financially from the new gym operation, I hope to add one of their new Bike Erg's as well -- its a stationary bike based on the C2 fan system that supposedly syncs up and works well with Zwift!