Old 10-06-19, 02:36 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by eduskator
Ride whatever pressure that floats your boat As long as your tire isn't underinflated to a point where it'll pinch the rim if you roll over a bump or something... Keep mind that there is an optimized pressure to reduce rolling resistance as well. You just need to find out which one!
I’m definitely trying to find that balance of low RR and comfort. On my TCR I run 28c 5K TL at 70 and find that to be my personal sweet spot. Yes if I went higher I’d decrease RR but then the comfort on badly paved roads (which is 95% of where I ride) starts to suffer. But that’s a 28c vs the 25c on my S3 which is the largest that frame will accept. I’m at the halfway point of my daily ride (aka Blue Bottle Coffee) and all far I’m really liking the 25c ENVE 70psi combo. Significantly more comfortable than the 80psi I ran the other day but still feels fast. I’ll experiment with maybe 65 in a day or two but 70 may be the sweet spot. Which would make it easy for me to remember so I can run either bike at the same pressure.