Old 10-22-19, 07:59 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Well, to finish this thread out. The bike came in today. The packing was a little scary looking but it seems to have made it through ok.

Gave it a wipe down and then grabbed some quick pics. Seems well made but not exceptional. The paint appears quite good. The various color flourishes are painted but the Columbus, Concorde, and Blitz markings are decals that don't seem to be clear coated over. I did make one mistake cleaning it. There was some adhesive residue that I tried to clean with alcohol like I've done many times on other frames. Not this one, it removes paint. Doh.

A 27,2 seatpost went in just fine. The headset on it is a Mavic Vette and the Bottom Bracket is a Mavic also. With these components on the frameset I weighed it at 7 lbs 4 ozs.

Looked inside the seat tube and saw something weird. Pulled it out and at first thought it was someone's homemade seatpost shim. But as you can see, it as there when the frame was painted.

Didn't notice any rifling in the seat tube or the fork steerer. But I do need to clean up inside of the steerer some to see better. Lots of built up grime in there.

Finally some more pics for now. Once it's built up I'll do some better pictures. Oh, and I emailed Eddy Martens about this and sent him some pics. Hopefully he'll confirm what I suspect and give more insight. From what I can tell researching I'm expecting him to say it is Columbus Thron. The Bottom Bracket is stamped with a 56 for the size but under that is a "3E", I'm not sure what that means.