Old 11-23-19, 01:12 PM
TinyBear

Bikes: Giant Boulder SE, Giant Seek1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by alloo
Every year ebike prices come down and capability increases. The question that I have is do you want to work out or do you want to just twist and go? I ride my ebike and scooter to work one way commute 11 miles. I always have to run the scooter to keep it running. Do I miss the registration fees and insurance on my ebike, no. Do I miss the convienence of twisting and go sometimes. What is your purpose of your question? The same can be asked for cars vs motorcycles? Tunes ups are cheaper on my ebike needless to say parking is free on my ebike.

My goal is exercise and fun. If I want twist and go I have two motorcycles and two ATVS. I can be found off roading the one hike or ATVS every chance I get it’s my favourite pass time. I also love long touring trips on my motorcycle (last summer was 2000kms north to camp on James bay and travel the James bay highway (some of the most remote roads in Canada). So as you can see I love the out doors I love trails and I love exploring.

BUT There are many trails where I live that are bicycle and walking only. I miss riding those and I need/want to improve my health, strength (lost a lot of strength after being hit by a Car in a motorcycle accident) and Cardio.

As of now I can manage a couple trips around the block on my bicycle. Before fatigue and pain make it detrimental to push further (aka I can go further but then not likely to be able to ride the next day). My thought with the e bike was not to have a twist and go ease but to allow my to continue/resume the riding I enjoyed prior to getting hurt while slowly building the muscle and cardio back up.

That being said said I can’t justify huge expense to do so as It’s not needed. The thought was to sell my dirt bike motorcycle in exchange for the e bike. Just having hard time justifying that to myself I guess.