Old 12-20-19, 04:58 AM
TinyBear

Bikes: Giant Boulder SE, Giant Seek1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Which bike to convert?

I looking to build myself a EBIKE for next summer. But can’t decide on which of my bikes to be the sober. I presently have a Giant Boulder SE (cheaper hardtail Mountain bike) and a Giant Seek 1 (mid level hybrid bike).

I like both bikes BUT the mountain bike sees far far more use as I just enjoy it more. But it’s fork is kinda weak especially for my weight (260lbs) and has rim brakes.

The Seek feels much higher end rolls sooo much easier and is a ridged bike front and back so handles my weight a bit better in that regard. It also has AWESOME hydraulic disk brakes. The only issue I have here is I dislike the ultra narrow wheels (they are sketchy on imperfect roads paths and gravel around here). and the tire fill nipples on this thing at a bit of a pita.

Id love to get a Giant Fathom E+3 as It seems perfect for my use looks great and I love the larger tires over my 26”s on my mountain bike. But the cost is just not achievable at this time, and I really think electric ASSIST is perfect way to help me get back into this great sport so I’m looking at kits from Befang and TongSheng. Still trying sort out what’s best use for me and compatible batteries etc.

Last edited by TinyBear; 12-20-19 at 05:44 AM.