Old 12-09-20, 08:59 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by Surfer77
Hahah, I did just what you advised NOT to do!
$340 wheelset, Dura Ace NJS hubs with Mavic GP4 tubular rims, with just ok Tufo butyl tube tubulars, ok for now
$50 Dura Ace NJS BB.
$50 MKS/Specialized track pedals
Both Dura Ace are loose ball bearings, which i think are superior to sealed bearings. we can argue that idea later. Total was just under $1000 USD.

Everything can be fit to another frame later, but I think this will be faster than I will ever be. I had it on track last weekend, it is more lively than the clincher equipped Pinarello i have rented from the track.

BTW, Aventon does not make/offer this bike or frame any longer. They only make E-bikes now.
Best,
Robin

those are nice wheels! Far far superior to anything that would come stock on a $600 bike. The crankset looks pretty cool - i havent seen one of those before

wasnt aware Aventon was basically out of the bike business. Yours looks like ithasnt taken any slides down the banking, so under the circumstances, looks like a solid buy

Just keep your speed up with those pedals- the intact quill end gives up a little clearance compared to a cut down track pedal. Will never be an issue at a 333 track, but i clippedone ofthose years ago at the superdrome. But at ADT , your tires might very well slip before the pedals get that close also who knows. The end result with either would be the same, - a quick, embarrassing slide to the apron

have fun OP- looks like youve built up a capable machine!