View Single Post
Old 06-23-16, 01:55 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7336 Post(s)
Liked 2,435 Times in 1,422 Posts
Here is Waffle the greyhound. She loves to walk, but her very favoritest thing is to ride in the car. In this scene from a few years ago, we had packed up the car but had more things to do in the house, so she waited outside by the car FOR HOURS.

We got Waffle when she was nearly five years old. I looked her up on the greyhound racing site. Her father was from Australia. Waffle (the name my daughter gave her, not her race name) was a champion and got the rating AA. She won so much they gave her extra last chances before retiring her.

She's now nearly 13 years old and not fast at all. She doesn't have much stamina for walking. Clearly her days are numbered, but she's still happy, so we're happy. Racing life must have been hard on her. She's reserved and not very affectionate and not playful at all. She likes people to pet her, but when they do, she looks away. She does enjoy life with soft pillows everywhere, as I presume her crate at the track was hard. She likes to be in the same room with us most of the time. She has barked only seven times in the eight years we have had her, and every time was at a dog, not a person.

Bicycle content: on the roof of the car.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Likes For noglider: