Old 06-16-17, 09:43 AM
wheelhot

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Roubaix, 2007 Giant Anthem, Polygon Quatro

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chader09
They claim that the 9r carbon is used to give more compliance than the 10r.
Yeah, the 9r does give the most compliance but it's also the heaviest (and cheapest) carbon, and as I mentioned, with the Diverge having FutureShock and CG-R, compliance wouldn't be an issue.

Also, that doesn't explain why their S-Works gets the latest 11r.

Specialized Tarmac Road Bikes With FACT 9r, 10r vs 11r Carbon

Not sure why you think it will be more sluggish? The obvious issue is tire size, but any bike will feel slower with a larger tire like these. The geo is not race-bike short and steep, so it may feel a bit slower in turns by comparison. But I suspect it will ride just fine.
I guess when I say sluggish, it's more related to the bike feeling less stiffness. Cause that's what I read some reviewers felt when testing the 9r Diverge, this is in contrast to those who tested the Roubaix (10r) and commended on the frame stiffness allows the bike to feel sharp and agile despite the weight increase due to FutureShock

The only issue I see in using the new bike on the road is the fact that the low BB will make pedal strikes more likely if pedaling in a steep lean during a turn.
Wouldn't this only be an issue if you used 32/28mm wheels? Cause the new bike is designed with a sweet spot at 38mm or so I read. Though all the alu models comes with a 30mm stock. Haha