View Single Post
Old 05-27-18, 08:13 PM
DarKris

Bikes: Kona Kahuna DL Drop Bar - Sensah SRX Pro 1x11 (2012 Frame), Giant Toughroad GX 1 - Shimano Road Hydro + SLX 1x10 (2018), Diamondback Sync'r - SRAM NX 1x12 (2020)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 54 Posts
So everyone, as luck would have it I was able to sell my old bike and use the money to pay off the rest of my down payment sooooooo......

Ta-da!

Picked this up today and I gotta say I'm super pumped to be able to ride this bike after months of oogling it in the shop and in pics. The first thing I decided to do was check the rear tire clearance. It's advertised as being able to fit 700c x 50mm tires with fenders, but I only really care about 27.5 wheels, so I tried out my wheelset and here's the result:

A LOT of room around a 27.5 x 2.0 in tire. These tires are 50 mm so I could run a 2.1 and still have pretty good mud clearance. 29 x 2.1s should work fine as well but with slightly less clearance. However I personally prefer 27.5 for the quicker handling and closer geometry to a CX bike, though I am tempted to buy some fast rolling 29er tires just for the experience. I was a little worried that there might not have been as much rear tire clearance as I wanted, but this is way more than I could have asked for.

There were a few things I was worried about with this bike. The long chainstays made me think that this was going to ride like a sluggish touring bike. Honestly however I don't think the acceleration is as bad as I thought it'd be. Obviously it's not on the level of a snappy road bike, but that's not why I bought it. The only thing I will need to learn to do is adjust the Conduct brake system Front brake is fine but the rear does require more lever pull which I'd like to tighten up.

Otherwise I feel like a child on Christmas day with this bike. Can't wait to put some miles on this one

More Pics: