Old 05-31-19, 02:52 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3450 Post(s)
Liked 1,449 Times in 1,130 Posts
Originally Posted by BobG
Tourist-

The campgrounds may be full of Black Flies in June. The can be vicious in Nova Scotia. They're getting thick here in NH now. I remember having to retire to my tent just after dinner on my NS June trip. Be sure to bring repellent. You may also want to bring a head net for the campgrounds.
Thank you VERY much. I thought about a headnet and decided against it. But, I just added it to my pack based on your comment.

I have repellent packed, did not check to see how full the bottle is, but I will either check or add another small bottle.

I decided to leave the mosquito netting pants and jacket at home. Looks like it will be cool enough that I do not need to wear shorts and short sleeve shirt in evening, that is the only time I use the netting pants and jacket.

I leave on Monday, in final stages of packing. About ready to take my bike with loaded panniers around a loop near my home with a tall steep hill and a long shallow downhill to test for bike handling with a load.