CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Lemond1985
But that suffering sure makes for some great cinema. See the segment at 1 hour and 1 minute (Caspar and Furlan abandoning the 2003 TDF):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUu0AoIDHkc
That's racing. I find the subject matter boring, even if it s "great cinema. Those kinds of things are for people with training regimes and a lot of suffering "just because". I've never watched TdF, nor do I enjoy watching racing for pros.
I think I'd like CX just for the nuttiness of it. Not for watching, but actually doing it - and doing it on a level where it was still merely fun. It's the same with football ("soccer" for you yanks): It's fun playing, but I really am not interested in the pros, nor interested in watching anyone playing the game. The same goes for sailing, coastal rowing, or basically any other sport I can think of that is or might be fun to do yourself. Of couse, there are plenty of sports where I wouldn't think it would be fun to do at all (Hurdles, 100m, gymnastics, American football, road racing, and hundreds of other sports that just seems boring to me).