Old 07-28-19, 09:50 AM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by game_player_s
Sorry for the late response. Really appreciate your post, would never have guessed Chiorda seeing as i; never even heard of the brand prior. Did research after originally reading your post days ago and found a couple of folk who had posted great up close pictures of other Chiorda's and you're guess was spot on, they apparently used the same design for the crown on all of their bikes.
Well. it wasn't really a guess since we have one hanging in the garage. I was hedging my bets since I typed that without actually going out there to look at the bike before posting. This began as a white road bike that I converted in '83 to an MTB for my then-girlfriend, now wife. Every Chiorda I've ever seen came with a Thun bottom bracket, as does yours, but it was the fan-shaped bridge between the twin laterals and seat tube that got my attention, along with the flat seatstay bridge. Anyway, I just took some pix to verify the head lug detail and I will accept plaudits for being right about something. I doesn't happen often.

Incidentally, this bike and three of its sisters are for sale in C&V Sales under the title "The wife sez, "Sell my bikes."

Last edited by thumpism; 07-28-19 at 09:55 AM.