Old 08-07-19, 08:39 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Originally Posted by Bad Lag
Thank you for the invitation. I am sure the ride and the people are pleasant. The whole "vintage cycling" thing is what I do. It's just normal for me.

I live in the South Bay. I am near the beach, so I have easy access to the bike path for many/most of my rides. Combine the beach bike path with the loop around Palos Verdes and you can have just about any ride length you want.

It is always cool or cooler here than in Pasadena and there is always a breeze coming off the Ocean. Air quality is better, too.

I am just very conflicted by the idea of commuting to a bike ride, despite my attraction to the event's theme.

This may seem all very negative. It is not intended to disparage your ride in any way. For those who are local enough or willing to commute, I bet it is a LOT of fun.
Use Google maps to give you an estimate of your driving time for your Departure and Return time. It might not be as bad as you think. The Pasadena Freeway to the 110 shouldnt be too bad at that day and time.