View Single Post
Old 11-04-19, 12:04 PM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,239 Times in 655 Posts
My Mistake About The Derailleur Model

Originally Posted by thorstein
The Cyclone I have is the GT long cage version. The Disreali Gears page shows a maximum cog of 32T, so I think I'd be fine.

I also have the Mk-II which is listed as being capable of 34T and which also might suit the era of my '89 Voyageur better.
My mistake!

I didn't catch the long arm pulley cage in your first picture or the parts breakdown.

That's a Cyclone GT model which came out in late 1975. My descriptions of capacities refer to the short arm original version. I'm going to leave them posted because the info may help someone else.

Side note, aside from cleaning and re-greasing the pulleys, I've only taken apart a few Suntour rear derailleurs. My Cyclones have never needed more than that.

BITD (1970's) Suntour RDs were so cheap (inexpensive) that few ever bothered working on them, it was easier to just replace them.

Suntour V short arm RDs sold form ~$6.00 retail and the long arm versions sold for ~$7.00! (as opposed to Campy Nuovo Record RDs that went for $29-$39).

Good luck with your project.

verktyg

Chas. ;-)