View Single Post
Old 11-25-08, 10:44 PM
Gordo Grande

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by -holiday76
I live in Phoenixville PA which is an old former steel town and a suburb of Philadelphia. It's on the Skukill River which flows into Philadelphia. There is a bike path with goes next to the river all the way to the city.

I wanted to start out my pictures at my local coffee shop, but unfortunately, and this always seems to happen to me, there was a really weird guy hanging outside where my bike was. He really really really wanted to talk to me about his BMX bike from what I could gather. I didnt gather much because I really couldnt understand him due to an accent and the fact that I think he might have been 4 quarts short of a gallon. I didnt get any pics at the coffee shop.

Instead I rode right out of town to the trail head.

oh, let me just warn you a lot of these pics are probably boring and redundant. I'm also sure lots of people have posted pics of this bike path as its a very popular place in the area.

Anyhow, we're on our way.

Holiday76, thanks for a terrific report. I feel like I was there. BTW...I googled the name of the little boy who was killed on his bicycle. What a tragedy! So fitting that they have a memorial there for him.

I'd post some pics of my 40 mile ride through Los Angeles today, but believe me, it looks nothing llike the Pennsylvania countryside. I'll spare you folks!