Old 08-01-23, 11:06 AM
LeeG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 64 Posts
Originally Posted by mams99
I got it!!!

It took me forever to find time to get it with needing to help watch my MIL with dementia, so I was lucky it was still available, but it was!!!! It was 100 miles each way to get it, but worth the long drive. The seller was knowledgeable and friendly. He just rides his road bike more now that he's moved. It's been sitting in storage.

It fits like a glove. It feels JUST RIGHT. I am so stoked! It's in my car still because I just got home an hour ago, but the search is over. I "think" it is a 2015 Surly Ogre. I'm thrilled with the micro shifting. I wish it had a thru axel, but, for $600 to get this bike, with the front and racks Surly racks, fenders, and 2 ortlieb bags in near perfect shape (a few smudge marks, no damage) I'm soooo happy.

Note to sellers though - more information helps you sell. This was simply listed as "bike for sale" in the listing - nothing else in the title. I found it because I did a search specifically for a small Surly Ogre which was listed elsewhere in the listing.

So, to try it out more thoroughly tomorrow. .
Congrats! I assume you have a good floor pump and are familiar with changing tires. Have fun. Don’t worry about through axles. For kicks and giggles take the fenders and racks off. Fiddle around with seat and bar position. Have a shop check the wheels and spoke tension. Ride, ride, ride. Play w different tires. And then add tourimg stuff little by little.