Old 06-13-11, 01:12 PM
3373jones

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
another repaint thread: Spatter painting a bike frame

I saw this bike on craigslist and fell in love. I want to emulate the paint job on my late 80s paramount - that has been repainted pink(ish) (powder coat i think, with a primer - the paint job is decent).

any one spatter painted a bike frame like this before? if so, care to share any techniques or tips?

Right now i'm thinking of using a stiff brush and dipping the bristles in the paint - then i'd using my fingers to go against the bristles and fling the paint onto the frame. I thought about spray paint, but not sure how to make it come out that course.

Also, any one know what type of paint might be best? I'm thinking enamel gloss - in 1/2 quart size cans. I cannot seem to find the colors i want though - so would be up for suggestions of what store to look in or where to find online. I'm thinking since the background is darkpinkish of going with bright green, light blue, white - and maybe dark blue and light purple. Yes, its sort of easter-y, but, hey, what can you do when you start with a pink background?

Finally, clear coat. I think it would be a good idea to clear coat afterward - i'll probably find some spray can stuff at the auto parts shop.