Old 06-01-19, 02:56 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
stage 20 is going to be a bleepshow, with or without rain. nibbles pooh-poohed his chances of attacking on the manghen less than halfway through the stage but i think he could go on that climb
or even before after sending pozz up the road. the shark gets the whole no guts no glory thing. it's more likely he pulls a 60 km pedal to the metal assault from the upper slopes of the passo rolle,
suicidal descending of said passo (with the upper part having some technical sections), to nearly full gas on the finishing croce d' aune and lets the chips fall where they may on the following day's tt.
movistar will use landa to shadow roglic or (more likely) nibbles...whichever goes first/hardest. mollema just rides his own race in a vacuum...passes the blown-up, the destroyed, the overly ambitious
and possibly climbs up to 4th on the gc with the potential to snag the last podium placing on the last day...depending on how any of the four ahead of him (carapaz, panda, nibbles, roglic) fare stage 20.
expecting parries and thrusts from bora and michelton and ef ed and astana as well. been a bad week for primoz so actually expecting him to lose a few more seconds to either nibbles or carapaz unless
he's been sandbagging this last week and the crafty bastard actually takes 12-20 seconds out of carapaz/nibbles. thinking the former. all that said, picking mas(que)nada to win the stage. 0 for 17 so far
or stage picks...what's one more horrible prediction? this will be a crazy fun stage to watch. fully expecting a crash at some point on this stage (probably on descent of passo rolle) that will crush a top ten
gc rider's dreams. hate to say it cuz he's on my team but sivakov popped into my head. hope i'm wrong but i usually am-about everything but i agree with slcbob that stuff will be scattered a la stage 13 but mo betta.

Last edited by diphthong; 06-01-19 at 03:01 AM.