Old 08-03-19, 08:31 AM
corwin1968

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by takenreasy
Beauty, I'm everything Grant Petersen except for one of his bikes - so far!
I waited eight years before finally taking the plunge getting an RBW frameset.

Grant does design and sell some beautiful frames but I would be just as happy with a plain colored tig welded frame. Over the years, the thing that kept coming up among Riv riders, time and time again, was the superb ride quality of the bikes. That was my main attraction to Grant's designs. I haven't ridden a ton of bikes but my Hunqapillar lives up to the hype. The front-end handling is so intuitive that just thinking about where you want the front wheel to go seems to be enough to easily get it there.

I think the combination of the Hunqapillar's touring geometry (stability) and the large 29'er wheels/tires (more stability) give the bike a Cadillac-smooth ride, yet the intuitive handling makes the bike really fun to ride.

I might have purchased a Clem H when they come out but I already had a great set of RBW-built 700c wheels (Clem in my size is 650B) and I wasn't/am not quite sold on 52cm chainstays, so I waited a long time for a 54 Hunqapillar to show up on the used market. I literally beat a second potential buyer by one minute, to get this frameset.

Last edited by corwin1968; 08-03-19 at 08:39 AM.
Likes For corwin1968: