Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Close call today...
Originally Posted by mcours2006
with the Salmon Ninja!

I was in the process of going into the left lane, so had my head temporarily turned, and when I looked back this was what I saw:

It could have been disastrous, obviously. I did yell something back at him about going the wrong way or wrong side. But man, I was pissed.
I posted to this now-closed thread,”What do you say to a cyclist riding at night w/o lights or reflectors?”
Originally Posted by @Kickstart
Myob
Originally Posted by @Chris516
Say something. Who cares if it ticks him off. You are caring about another cyclist. They should be grateful.

Otherwise, They should be handing you a shovel. To scrape their carcass off the road after they have been killed for riding like that.
Originally Posted by @FbinNY
Add one more vote to the MYOB side.

I can't fathom why some people appoint themselves as nannies to strangers. Of course if someone asks for help, than you should graciously offer it. But otherwise you should equally graciously keep your mouth shut.
Originally Posted by J.C. Koto
If you're going to say something, might as well go all in: "Hey! Jerkass! You forgot your lights, jerkass!

Whaddarya?! Some kinda jerkass who forgets his lights or sumthin?"
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
I'm inclined not to give advice. Most frequently when I encounter a ninja while riding, my surprised "Whoa!" hopefully indicates to them that I didn't see them.

On one occasion I did admonish a cyclist with oncoming too-bright, blinding lights on a darkened MUP, and though I couldn't make out the words, it sounded like a Mind-Your-Own-Business reply.

On my AM commute currently as now it's in the dark, it seems there are not a few riders who (self-righteously) overdo the lights to the detriment of oncoming riders, but that's another topic.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
If inclined, one needs to says something clearly,and definitively to get the message across.

My best thought so far is "Heads up” as if I am suddenly surprised by their presence, because I was startled since I just saw them. (I also use that with oncoming lit-up riders too).

And let's not forget the peds, skateboarders, dog walkers, etc.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 09-20-19 at 05:20 PM.