View Single Post
Old 09-27-06, 08:09 AM
Alloy Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is the best thread on the site IMO.

Originally Posted by FlippingHades
Here's my latest commuter bike, a Kogswell Porteur/Randonneur. I finished the build this weekend. It will eventually sport a large cargo rack on the front, instead of the mini-rack it's got now.
That Kogswell fills me with serious bike envy. I followed its build a little bit because I check out your blog, and the Zugster bag site every so often. I've come across your pics on Flickr a few times too. Actually I think I saw the messenger bags on Etsy originally. My wife sells on Etsy and sent me a link to the red squid bag, knowing I would like it.

I've never seen a picture of a Kogswell that I didn't like, but your's may be the best because it is more like the type of build I would like to do. Does the Nexus 8 handle those hills there in San Francisco well? If it had a Rohloff, I would pretty much have to hate you. The muted color is great too. Do you lock that up around SF? All the bikes I saw there locked up on the street were ugly as hell.

Keep up the great Zugster work. Hopefully I'll get one soon, when my house and vet bills stop sucking up all my spending cash.