Old 06-05-11, 08:59 PM
buddhafrog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qmsdc15
If you can return and get your money back, that's probably a good suggestion.

The bike doesn't look horrible though. Is your leg almost straight at the bottom of the pedal stroke? Are you sure the minimum insertion mark on the seatpost is inside the seat tube?

A bike that is too big and a bike that is too small ultimately run into the same problem, difficult to reach handlebars without bending too far forward. In either case a shorter stem, not a longer stem will help remedy the situation. Why is the nose of your saddle sloping down? Is that to make it easier to reach the bars? What is the angle of your back seated with elbows slightly bent?

If you have strong lower back and upper arms and flexible hamstrings and a willingness to sacrifice comfort for performance, this might work. If you can't return it,.. install a taller stem with more height/less reach (ideally you don't want all those spacers between frame and stem), and handlebars with more rise. Even with these changes, I think you will be in a very aggressive position.
I understand that ideally I'd be getting the 22.5in. I'm wondering if it's possible to make a 17.5in work. I think I'll try and get a refund (only rode it home, less than 10km).

I think the saddle is correct and horizontal. The pic cuts out the back making it appear sloping. I'm pretty sure that I have the correct leg extension: knees not locked but nearly straight at the bottom of the peddle stroke. I was tested on the bike for this and readjusted a couple times. I don't see a minimum insertion mark so I assume I'm OK with that.

I really have no idea what my arm/back angle is. I've seen diagrams online on the correct posture but am too new to really tell if my posture is correct. If ya'll don't mind, I'm going to post a pic of me hulking over this bike.