View Single Post
Old 05-21-19, 06:36 PM
drlogik 

Bikes: '87-ish Pinarello Montello; '89 Nishiki Ariel; '85 Raleigh Wyoming, '16 Wabi Special, '16 Wabi Classic, '14 Kona Cinder Cone

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 255 Posts
When I lived in Arizona I used to ride about 5 miles to work on flat ground. Even in summer it was "relatively" cooler in the morning and I didn't bust it riding in to work so when I got to work I wasn't that sweaty. However, I still dried off outside and put my work clothes on when I got to work.

Now I live in North Carolina and thinking of commuting again but it's way different here. The heat and humidity makes me sweat like a pig even if I ride slowly. My ride is now 8 miles. There's a YMCA just half a block away so I'll probably shower there before walking in to work.

For those of you who think you don't smell at work, reconsider, there were folks out in Arizona that rode 8 to 10 miles and thought they didn't smell because they said, "I don't sweat". Wrong. You do sweat, the dry weather just dries the sweat off the body. That's why they smelled at work. And, people did know they smelled. They smelled like sweat. Not pleasant to be around especially in a conference room with the doors closed.......

I was so self-conscious about it that I often asked a trusted buddy at work if I smelled. He gave me a straight answer too. Once in a while when he gave me the "look" I'd camp out in an empty "hotel room" (small one-man phone room) and often rode back home at lunch, showered and drove my car back to work.

--

Last edited by drlogik; 05-21-19 at 06:52 PM.