Old 02-21-20, 02:26 PM
erileykc

Bikes: Raleigh Tourist, Jamis Coda, Rad City e-bike & a bright orange Citizen Miami folder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Another personal experience perspective from the other side of the continent from Seattle. I bought a RadCity bike from the Rad website in August 2018. The bike arrived with a defective fork and spokes that were only finger tight but Rad sent a new for fairly promptly after I sent them a video of the problem and I learned that the short, fat spokes on the rear motor wheel need to be extremely tight. It was on me of course to install the new fork. Fast forward 15 months and almost 1600 miles of riding ( it's not my regular ride ) and I discover that the top of the seat tube above the top tube welds has broken off. It turns out based on discussions in another thread here that the seat post was too small a diameter for the seat tube. I contacted Rad at their service email address and sent pics of the broken frame expecting at worst to have to pay for a replacement frame. Rad's response was to offer me $250 off of the price of a new bike. A bike that had already shown itself to have a fatal flaw. It turns out that Rad doesn't keep replacement frames. I declined their offer of spending another $1250 to resolve a failure that resulted in an end of life issue for a bike less than year and a half old.

I would be sure that if you buy a bike from Rad that you are prepared to go it alone if any issues you discover fall outside their window of support.

Originally Posted by edwong3
.... Now I have no personal experience with them but it is good to have the perspective from a customer who has purchased several bikes from that company.
Likes For erileykc: