View Single Post
Old 08-04-19, 08:38 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
I wouldn't want someone's used e-bike. You lose out on all of the warranties and those are pretty handy or if the bike is a kit bike you are likely to have something that isn't worth much and may or may not be put together properly. Also you likely won't know what condition things are in and how things have held up over the time someone has owned them. You might get lucky with something that is in decent shape and certainly if you go with something that uses Bosch bike you at least have a better chance of getting it fixed or getting parts at most shops.

Me personally I would save up money and buy a quality new bike with warranties intact. Get something that will work for what you are doing and that is comfortable. Yes it may cost money initially but could save you in the long term. Look for something with a Bosch, Brose or Shimano motor ideally as that is a reliable. Also find a good shop that sells and services e-bikes near your area because you may need it at some point. Also understand when you buy a bike and it needs service/warranty it could take time. Have a backup bike or another way to get around just in case. Granted yes with a quality bike you will not likely to need it often but every bike needs service at some point and bikes with heavier use will likely need more of it.