View Single Post
Old 06-13-20, 10:12 AM
Trobinson986

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UmneyDurak
Also check the height of your saddle, and it's position relative to BB. If you are going to get in to it regularly might be worth it to get a proper fit.
Are you using clipless pedals? Check to see where your toes are pointed. They might be too much in or out on left side and it's putting tension on the knee.
Also if you are using clipless it's never too early to practice proper pedalling technique. Find a quite road, shift to easy gear, unclip one side and pedal with one leg then switch. You are looking for a smooth motion.
Yes, I’m using clip less pedals. I read that that may be the problem In that maybe the clip less attachment was mounted too close to the inside of my foot and my feet were too wide in relationship to my saddle or midline so I adjusted my petal position to move my feet closer together and went for a shorter ride ~15 miles at a slow pace. I did this yesterday. Now today, the outside of the same knee hurts... strangely. Maybe I should get a proper fitting. They’re about 350 dollars but perhaps worth it? You guys think that’s a good investment? I do plan on getting more into cycling as long as knee pain is managed