View Single Post
Old 04-24-17, 07:23 PM
Machoman121

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
what helped my cycling.

I just want to share what worked to improve my cycling - hoping to hear others also.

I've been doing front squats with a Zercher Harness and it's improved my leg strength tremendously - my climbs have been so much stronger ! I believe the front squat targets the exact muscles (quads) used for cycling - even more than the normal squats (hamstrings/butt). A mid week session of approx. 5-8 sets of the Zercher Harness would reap tremendous cycling strength for me later. I recently went back to a climb where i knew a spot where i would always feel my legs were made up of soft pasta but ever since i've front squated I hardly felt the climb!!!!

And instead of a sport drink i would now drink/sip a protein shake on a ride- it has prevented me from cramping. My theory is that the protein shake would both hydrate and fuel my muscles. I've found hydration with water is not enough to keep the cramps away - a good sport drink helps - but a protein shake is the ultimate cyclist drink.

Both these techniques has definitely taken me to another level of cycling fitness/strength.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FSH-cropped.jpg (96.2 KB, 468 views)

Last edited by Machoman121; 04-24-17 at 07:30 PM. Reason: addition