Old 11-23-19, 09:32 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by DarKris
Sweet looking bike. I have the Revolt 2 Aluxx model and I couldn’t be happier with it. I’d imagine the carbon model would be lighter and responsive but equally as fun.

Do keep us posted on the Di2 build. I was interested in that but didn’t know how to go about storing the battery in the frame and whatnot.
Thanks, and will do! This build isn't particularly light but I also wonder how much of that is the 105 mechanical and mass-market level Praxis groupset. Also I'll be swapping out the stock rims (which are aluminum) and tires with my Aeolus Pro 3 carbon wheels and Panaracer GravelKing SK tubeless (running at the same 38c as the stock tires). If I can remember to, I will ask them to weigh the bike with the stock drivetrain and wheels, and then to do so again with the upgraded parts to see what the weight change ends up being.

I'll also be swapping out the stock handlebars with the Cannondale bar they pulled off my SuperSix. Because the Giant one is swept back and has a little bit of an odd shape which doesn't let my peripherals mount securely. I can either mount my Wahoo or my headlight securely but not both, because there's not enough room for their clamps on either side of the stem without them hitting each other. If I put them the appropriate distance apart the clamps slide over to the irregularly shaped part of the bar which doesn't allow for secure clamping due to it's non-circular shape. I'm fine with this because I don't do serious enough gravel riding to benefit from the swept back bars, and the Cannondale bar was fine for me when I was riding the SuperSix.

I have no concerns about the Di2 battery as I have had it in two bikes and it worked flawlessly (located in the seat tube in both). I fully expect it will be fine in the Revolt as well.

So I've had the Revolt for like 3 days now and I've already fielded four compliments on the color, two from friends and two from total strangers. I bought it because I liked it, but of course it makes one feel good when others like it as well.