View Single Post
Old 05-15-18, 09:08 AM
jfoobar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
I am *trying* to join the Renegade owners club, but we'll have to see. I was originally interested in the Kona Rove but they don't go bigger than a 58cm frame so that was out (I am 6'4" with long arms even for my height, or so I am told by LBS folks). The 61cm Renegade is a solid fit. Alas, I want the Expat for the steel but just cannot justify the extra $1000 for the Exploit. The 61cm Expat is backordered to hell and back and I might get one by late June/early July. I could get a 61cm Exploit now or I could get a 61cm Explore (the new for 2018 aluminum model, $1000, Sora, carbon fork).

I just started riding again and all I had was a fairly ancient Giant hybrid which I find very uncomfortable on rides longer than a few miles. I tried to buy a cheap used bike for a "rental" to tide me over and just missed out on a lightly used Bianchi Lupo in my size so I settled for a pretty much brand new Raleigh Merit 1 that is a little too small for me. It's dirt cheap, all aluminum with Claris but it is still a marked improvement over the ~2007 Giant FCR I had.

Apparently the Expats being made now are the last run for this model year so if I don't get one, I am out of luck. I should know in a couple of weeks what a more firm arrival date is. My LBS is pinging his Jamis sales rep every few days on my behalf. If I cannot get one or it is going to take forever, I'll have a touch decision on what to get instead. I'd probably just get a Tamland 1 *if* I could get one in my size. At the moment, I still can.