Old 02-18-20, 02:25 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Originally Posted by zsir
What is your opinion of the 4130 chrmo frames? I bought the Dawes SS bike with chromo frame/fork from BD for $209...The bike weighs 24lbs takes a 32C tire. Once I dialed it in, it rolls real nice, turns easy and rides lighter than it's 24 pounds. I'm considering the Fantom beacuse it's chromo, SS, disc brake and takes a wide tire....I'm guessing it has a 120mm rear drop out, I'd like to see how the caliper mounts. I'm down with supporting local bike shops. I can only imagine what a though business model that must be, but truth be told I work on my own bikes and I'm not to concerned with warranties on one of these low end bikes especially the parts on it.
I have to be honest and say that for the price, it is probably a very good deal. The frame says it is custom butted and tapered. So we know it is not straight-gauge tubing and is likely reasonably light. I don't know where else you could possibly get a bike that meets all of the criteria, disc brakes, wide tires, etc. for that money. And if you don't need the support of a local bike dealer, I wouldn't blame you for taking the plunge. If I were in the market, that one would be getting serious attention. If you do buy it, make sure to report back please.

Regarding the wheel spacing, it is anybody's guess. You could reach out to them and ask.