Old 03-15-24, 03:44 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1806 Post(s)
Liked 1,669 Times in 956 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Yes I am telling you that with a straight face. The dead are dead. Nothing is going to bring them back. However the living will still have to live with the perpetrator of these horrible events. Wouldn't you rather they change their ways and also enjoy a good life. Or do you want to hound them and have them stay with a criminal mindset?

And as I said even a felon might only be given about 5 years in prison for such. Does it matter to you what the classification is? A felony conviction adds so much negative things to a persons life and in some states will keep them from ever getting decent jobs in their preferred field of work. So personally, I'd rather give any person a chance to prove they won't repeat their mistakes. Maybe more than one chance.

I could say your feeling that they must suffer the consequence for all their life is only going to make that person likely to do more bad things later that will only make for more suffering of others.
I'm uncomfortable with the idea that you are ok with murdering someone with negligence gets a free pass. You say a felony conviction adds all sorts of trouble and stigma to the murderers life? What about the value they subtracted from their victim? The offending murderer in this case subtracted all twice ovet. The accounting must be made.

The stigma associated with a felony is the cost of being a self absorbed inconsiderate piece of garbage with zero regard for others or the community they live in. If you are ok with a net negative to subtract from civilized society, that's on you.

Knowing several felons personally, the garbage ones become a lower class because they are lower class people. The ones who change their ways become value adding citizens.

The truck driver murdered with negligence towards the task at hand. Negligence was his weapon. How can you be ok with this? Would you be ok with: "Oops! My Bad." and give a free pass if your wife or child was murdered? If so, That says a lot about you and what you think of their value.

If you don't buy the murder with negligence argument, and counter with: "It was an accident! He didn't mean to." I'd like to remind you that he didn't try not to, either. So he's either responsible for his actions, or he's not. If someone can not be responsible for their own actions, they shouldn't be a part of society.

I was always taught to be courteous to others. Taking a life is the opposite of courtesy. In fact, it's about the most rude thing I can think of.
Likes For base2: