View Single Post
Old 02-28-15, 11:42 AM
nspace

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for a tubular tire recommendation.

I bought a set of brand new Veloflex Records after a lot of rave reviews about their stuff. I've had pretty good luck with their clinchers, but not so much with these.

They have only been ridden indoors in Milton on a relatively new surface and the rear in particular is loosing air fast. I thought it was the valve core but eliminated that as a cause. Rubbed some soapy water and there are bubbles all over the sidewalls along one big 6-8" section of the tire opposite the valve stem. There is no punctures or damage to the tire so I'm inclined to think this is a defective latex tube inside (as discovered lots of others on the web with this problem). Veloflex has been unresponsive.

I put in a small amount of Stans (10ml) which seems to have worked for a couple of rides but today it started dropping pressure again. Today I put in a new valve core and a bit more Stans. It is holding air now in the stand, but we will see what happens when I ride tomorrow.

In the mean time I'd to source at least a new tire or set depending on cost. Extra points for gumwalls. Something more durable and less maintenance would be nice.

I was considering Challenge Pista, or Vittoria Pista CS. Any other options?