View Single Post
Old 10-12-13, 11:39 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I am an accomplished bike rider and I used to be serious about running. Swimming is not my forte so if I were to enter a Triathlon next year- it would take a lot of training for me to finish the Swimming leg and due to the knee problems I now have- I doubt that I would finish. OK- there are different lengths of Triathlon and the severity of such. I "Might" with training manage to complete the shorter easier ones but it would still take a lot of training. But It would be Lunacy for me to attempt say an Olympic grade of Triathlon even with training.

That is why I called this lot idiots. 160 miles is a ride that I would struggle with but I would be able to do it.

And just found out that of the 10 that did the ride- 3 of them were in serious trouble on the Sunday. Not just talking pain and tiredness- they were in trouble and a lot of walking was done that day. In fact one of them put his bike in the van and walked 5 miles only to be forced to get back on the bike for the last mile so it looked good for the reception committee.

But all credit to them for doing the ride- but I still call them idiots.

Spike Milligan