Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Drv1913
Maybe, but I don't really think so. I know that conventional wisdom says to wear light colors in the heat, and that might be a little cooler, but then I'd be worried the entire time about looking sweaty, so that would decrease my emotional comfort. The dress that I wore is actually very comfortable. I made it myself, so it fits perfectly, and it's a tunic style that has enough ease for moving around and getting things done and also for letting air circulate. I've seen arm coolers like you mention in the Terry catalog and have often wondered how practical they would be.

I can't seem to find a sunscreen that doesn't melt into a white, gloppy mess as soon as I start moving around. I recently bought a new kind from a hippie catalog, and it's the best I've tried so far, but it still makes me look like a cadaver after about 20 minutes of activity. Goth is just not a good look for me, much as I like the music and culture.
How is linen for breathability? I don't have much experience with it.

I use a nutrogena sunscreen I like which doesn't glop when I exercise. It is the first one I've found which works for me, otherwise I have the same experience as you do with them. I'll have to look it up.