View Single Post
Old 04-14-17, 09:10 AM
Philphine

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by sandmanred
And for seat that's the next project. You're right, you need something to push against. I'm thinking a scoop shape like a narrow version of an old fashioned tractor seat that supports my lower back to about the belt line or a bit above.

I try to keep an eye out at thrift stores, flea markets, etc. for exercise bikes that have the big seat on them. if the pan is metal, you can weld like a lip to the back similar to what you're describing. the problem for me though, is I'm not good at upholstery so I'd have a bare metal piece sticking out of the seat

didn't find the right pic. I could cut the seat pad and slip it over what I did, but the back would stick up bare.

I switched to taking a Schwinn chopper seat and using the little sissy bar and welding it to whatever seat I could find that it sat well on. then I just made a little round backrest for it. if you have some tubing and a bender you can make the same thing. I pulled that off once, but if I can find one made already they've been better than my tries.

but later I found nice ones on ebay type in bike seat backrest (or trike seat backrest) and some should pop up. just keep an eye out for the best deal.