Old 05-10-19, 01:52 AM
VictorYlap

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by due ruote
Here is an old thread from the C&V forum with lots of excellent fenders advice.

On the rear, is there no bridge on either the seat stays or chain stays? Generally something can be conjured if those are present. At least you have eyelets.

Re: front end - are there eyelets on the fork tips? If so you should be set for fenders.

I have mounted a front rack with single center mounting tab on an mtb by simply running the tab under the fork crown and bending it up to the rear bolt hole. It’s rock solid, has a large Wald basket on the rack and frequently gets overloaded with too many groceries.

Otoh, if this is a long term keeper and you want to go the custom route, drilling the front of the fork doesn’t seem like a big deal to me.
Thanks, I will look into that thread.
There are bridges near both seat stays and chain stays, but they don't have any threaded holes where fenders are usually attached. I could probably use something like a hose clamp, to wrap it around the bridge(s) and then mount the fender to it. I wonder what was behind the manufacturer's idea to add the rear droupout eyelets but skip all other mounting points; Santana seems to pay attention to every details so this must have been intentional.

Re front end: there are no eyelets, but I was going to get these adapters from VO when ordering the fenders from them: i.imgur com/bpYKGSC jpg (replace the spaces with dots).

I like the idea with running the tab under the fork crown. I thought about it, but have never seen it implemented. Good to know that it worked for you.

Oh, and here's the bike (overview pic): i.imgur com/XJUsMMs jpg

Re overloaded rear end: that's what I read in many topics regarding tandems, so I figured I'd start with the front rack. FWIW we are almost the same weight with my stocker, I might be like 10 lbs heavier.