Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Manner
Originally Posted by wgscott
So you can use something bigger than 32 in the rear with Ultegra Di2? A 34T x 36 would be more than low enough for me. (Did you have to use the Wolftooth Roadlink on that?)
Hi, I know you from some hifi sites too, by the way!
Hopefully I haven't mortally offended you.

Yes, you can definitely run a 36 cassette with an ultegra di2 mid-cage rear derailleur, by adjusting the b-screw out a good bit. You need to make sure your chain is just the right length to tolerate without an explosion an accidental 36 rear/50 front cross chain event, but not too much longer. This would be hard to get to work with a 53/39 front or an extremely long chainstay, but only because the chain would have to be made so long the small/small cross chain would droop some. However, on a compact front with proper chain sizing, it works fine. I have 2 bikes set up this exact way and have ridden them fairly hard (up Pikes Peak, for example). No wolftooth roadlink needed for this on my bikes.
That's excellent.

I did get just today the Praxis 48/32 crankset, and your fear expressed earlier in this thread about the internal di2 wire maybe not fitting is probably correct, at least on a metal frame bike. The 30mm axle of the Praxis takes up all the room in the bottom bracket, unless the frame is oversized down there and has room for di2 cables. I think most Ti and steel bikes won't work with it and di2.
Best,
Mark
Well, thanks for trying it. Hopefully they will be nice about taking it back. But you have saved me a headache -- I was considering the new version of the White Industries crank.