View Single Post
Old 04-23-19, 07:39 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
[QUOTE=tandempower;20

But what else could make bus transit more popular, especially for longer distances.

[/QUOTE]

1. One price per year and all you can eat - I would love for there to be one price for lets say $2,000 per year and I can board ANY bus in the country.

2. An app that can show me where EXACTLY where the bus stop is located and what time it arrives and pricing - I know this sounds strange but if you're stranded in a strange town and want to get home, what do you do? Most transit agencies will list routes but how do you find your exact location on a paper map and where exactly is the bus stop? This is the reason many people who don't have cars won't venture past 20 miles from their home because bus transit becomes complex.

3. All commuter coaches should have a bathroom, bike rack and free wifi.

4. All long distant coaches should show a movie or at least have the news on!

5. A national Bus Rapid Transit Lane across the country should be created in 50 years.

6. The diesel bus must be eliminated in 25 years and replaced by electric buses.

7. Run articulated double decker buses and drop the fare by 50% with all the extra room. Articulated buses are those that are extra long and look like two buses in one.

8. Local city buses should NOT stop at each corner and must travel 7 blocks before encountering a bus stop. Prepaid systems must become the norm instead of painfully waiting for passengers to drop coins in the fare box or crumpled dollar bills. Boarding the bus from BOTH doors must become the norm on a prepaid system.

9. Inexpensive Mexican jitney vans must be allowed to operate in any city. This provides work for unskilled labor while creating more transit options for those cities with little or no options.

10. Buses should not be charged tolls of any kind keeping the fare box low.

That's all for now. I can dream right? LOL