rossiny

Bikes: Trek 970, Bianchi Volpe,Casati

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 87 Posts
smaller

Originally Posted by veloiste
I almost never ride the bus in Chicago because they are so dang slow. Here's how you can make them faster:
  • Dedicated bus lanes - this prevents the bus from having to constantly exit and enter traffic which is the biggest reason buses are so slow
  • Eliminate stops - some routes here in Chicago stop at 31st, 32nd, 33rd, 34th St, etc. All of these stops add significant time, especially in traffic. Let's say my house is closest to the 32nd St stop. Well, if I get off at 31st St and start walking towards 32nd, I'm usually there around the same time as the bus. Eliminating stops will hurt disabled people, however.
  • Express buses - these buses will only stop at the larger/higher traffic stops
smaller more fuel efficient buses running more often. bring back the street cars in the middle of the streets, instead of the useless planters they put in the middle now. Chicago transit is a mess, along with METRA , weird schedules , take for ever.
"Chicago the city that works"(yeah right, crumbles, very corrupt city and system for property taxes)

Last edited by rossiny; 04-30-19 at 09:16 AM.